We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Aubergines are suitable for numerous preparations, from the simplest and fastest to the most demanding, and they are also suitable for preserving in oil. By themselves, aubergines are low in calories ... it is the recipes that make this vegetable a caloric food!
A very popular eggplant-based dish in the kitchen are meatballs: they can be prepared as finger food, as an aperitif on the terrace or as a side dish for a second course. Prepare the eggplant meatballs it is very simple and cheap and it also allows us to use recycled ingredients such as stale bread.
There are several recipes to prepare eggplant meatballs, today we will treat the vegetarian version without therefore the presence of meat.
Before making the meatballs, the aubergines must be cooked: cooking can be done in the oven or in a pan but we will opt for baking.
Vegetarian eggplant meatballs, the ingredients
- 5 hard-boiled eggplants
- 2 organic eggs
- Stale bread crumbs: alternatively 120 grams of grated bread
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Chopped parsley
- A handful of pine nuts
- 50 grams of smoked cheese
- Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
Vegetarian eggplant meatballs, the procedure
- After having washed the aubergines thoroughly, remove the stalk then transfer them to a pan
- Bake in the oven at 200 degrees for about 45 minutes
- Once warm, peel them and cut the pulp into cubes, then put them in a colander so as to facilitate the escape of excess vegetation water by lightly pressing the eggplant
- At this point, transfer the aubergines into a very large bowl and add the eggs, parmesan, chopped parsley, pine nuts, a pinch of salt and pepper and finally the crumb of stale bread.
- Mix all the ingredients well with the help of your hands then shape the meatballs always with your hands of the desired size
- Create a small basin with your fingers in the center of the meatball and insert a piece of scamorza cheese then close the meatball
- After preparing all the meatballs with the dough, pass them in the breadcrumbs
- Pour plenty of oil into a non-stick pan and fry the meatballs, taking care to turn them over after a few minutes
- When the meatballs have reached a crunchy breading, you can remove them from the heat and transfer them to a plate with absorbent paper so as to remove the excess oil.
To make the recipe lighter, the eggplant meatballs can be cooked in the oven with a drizzle of oil. The eggplant meatballs they can be eaten hot or cold and they can also be sautéed with sauce, just like with meatballs.
You might also be interested in
- Fast finger foods