We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Dessert with apples: here's how these wonderful fruits can become a perfect start to a delicious dessert. Tasty already simply cooked with a little sugar and cinnamon or filled with cream, apples can be the basic ingredient for making a traditional dessert such as apple pie but also fragrant and spectacular sweets such as roses.
The apple is undoubtedly a fruit rich in beneficial properties for our health: it has a high amount of antioxidants, fiber, vitamins and other nutrients ... so much so that it has earned the popular saying "An apple a day keeps the doctor away".
You may be interested in the article "How to store apples"
But let's see how to make apple roses, pretty and delicious single portions with which to start the day for breakfast or for an afternoon snack. It is also a dessert to be consumed with friends or relatives; for sure you will make a beautiful figure.
Apple and puff pastry roses are delicious creations, beautiful to look at but also good to eat. Many will ask: are they difficult to prepare! Don't be fooled by the scenography, apple roses are easy to prepare even for those who are less experienced and do not have too much manual skills… try it to believe it. A few ingredients are enough to make this delicious dessert and, if you have a microwave oven, they will be ready in no time.
Dessert with apples, apple roses and puff pastry
- 1 roll of ready-made puff pastry
- 2 organic apples
- 1 untreated lemon
- Jam or cream
Indications: in general, red apples are used to prepare this dessert to create greater contrast with the puff pastry and to obtain even more the visual effect of the rose petals.
- Wash the apples well then core them leaving the peel
- Cut the apples into thin slices, as equal as possible, then sprinkle them with lemon juice to prevent them from blackening.
- Cook the apple slices with the lemon juice in the microwave for 3 minutes, adding water to the bowl: be careful to fill halfway
- Once the apple slices are cooked, drain and remove excess water
- In the meantime that the apples cool down, you can switch to the puff pastry: better use a ready-made roll, choosing one with a rectangular shape so it will be easier to divide
- With the help of a rolling pin and flour, roll out the puff pastry then cut it to obtain 6 equal strips, each of which will be used to create a rose.
- On the strip of puff pastry, spread a thin layer of jam or cream: if you opt for jam, for example apricot, remember to dilute it with water: you can do it in the microwave for a few minutes. 2 tablespoons of jam with 2 tablespoons of water are fine
- After spreading the jam or cream, place the apple slices on top of the puff pastry strip, creating a row of apple slices slightly overlapping with the peel side facing out
- After completing the row, sprinkle with cinnamon then fold the remaining puff pastry on the apples finally roll it all up: at this point it will seem to have a flower in your hands
- After carefully closing the end, place the apple roses and puff pastry in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for cooking by placing the sweet flowers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or in a silicone muffin mold
- After about 20-30 minutes, the apple roses are ready to be enjoyed, sprinkled with plenty of powdered sugar.