We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
In this guide we will show you how to prepare a homemade soap, using only natural ingredients. The preparation of the soap is very simple; the only recommendation is to handle the soda very carefully since it is a highly corrosive product in the liquid state.
Homemade soap, what we need
- 100 grams of peanut oil
- 50 grams of almond oil
- 50 grams of olive oil
- 25.7 grams of caustic soda
- 60 grams of distilled water
- A handful of ground cinnamon
- Protective goggles
- Hand blender
Warning: when preparing, make sure you have the exact dosages
Homemade soap, how to prepare
- After putting on the gloves and protective goggles, put the soda in the water and let it all dissolve
- Immediately after, add the various oils, in order to exploit the heat of the soda to activate the saponification, then mix with a blender: as it mixes, the color of the mixture and the consistency will change.
- Mix until you have the typical "ribbon" effect: just collect a little mixture with the blender and let it fall back, if it takes a few seconds before sinking, it means it is ready
- Add the cinnamon powder and mix for about a minute with the blender until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Once this is done, put the mixture in the container or in the silicone molds, taking care to beat it to even out the mixture and eliminate any air bubbles
- Then cover with plastic wrap and a cloth and leave to rest
- After 48 hours, you can remove the soap (which will have solidified) from the molds and eventually cut the soap (if we used a large container).
- Store homemade soap in a dry place for at least 40 days
- After this time, it will be ready for use.
Homemade soap, useful recommendations
- Carefully wash all containers that come into contact with soda
- If something made of wood has been used, it cannot be reused in the kitchen for preparing meals
- Avoid aluminum containers, prefer stainless steel or glass
Did you know that leftover bars of soap can be reused? Read "How to recycle leftover soap bars"