We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The potatoes they lend themselves to the preparation of many gastronomic dishes: those with yellow flesh are suitable for being boiled, steamed, roasted, baked and fried; those with white body are instead indicated for the preparation of gnocchi, purée, soufflé and pies. They have a fair content of proteins and vitamin C, making them an excellent food. In addition to the classic French fries, potatoes are widely used in the preparation of croquettes, which can be both fried and baked. In this regard, here is the recipe for potato croquettes, a dish to be served both as an appetizer and as a side dish.
Potato croquettes, ingredients for about 24 pieces
- 1 kilo of yellow potatoes
- 200 grams of stringy cheese
- 50 grams of grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 organic eggs
- A sprig of parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper
- 200 grams breadcrumbs
Potato croquettes, the preparation
- Wash the potatoes, peel them and put them to boil in salted water, giving them enough time to soften them
- Pass them in the mash and then pour the mixture into a large bowl that you will put to cool
- Meanwhile, dice the provolone and finely chop the parsley
- Take the bowl containing the potato mixture, make a hole in the center and put the eggs, grated Parmesan cheese, salt, a pinch of pepper and nutmeg
- Mix everything with your hands until all the ingredients are mixed well, obtaining a homogeneous mixture
- Finally add the sliced provolone, the chopped parsley and mix again until all the mixture is amalgamated
- Take a handful of dough and form balls like ping pong, continuing until the end of the mixture.
- Gradually pass them in breadcrumbs then keep in the fridge for at least a couple of hours
- After the time has elapsed, you can proceed with the cooking that we will do in the oven to make the potato croquettes less heavy therefore more digestible
- Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper and place the croquettes inside
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 30 minutes
- Serve the potato croquettes very hot