We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Custard is one of the basic pastry preparations; It is used to fill various cakes or pastries but can also be eaten plain, as a simple dessert: just sprinkle it with cinnamon or cocoa or mixed with chopped fruit.
There are several flavored variants, chocolate, fruit; on the market we find many instant preparations to make custard in a few minutes: but why not prepare it with our hands? Its preparation does not require particular culinary skills; it is simple to prepare and this allows us to have a genuine product without adding various additives. In this regard we will show you chow to make custard following our recipe step by step. The following recipe provides a sufficient quantity to fill a whole cake with at least three layers, that is, with double filling!
How to make custard, the ingredients
- 500 g of semi-skimmed milk
- 4 egg yolks (keep the egg whites in the refrigerator to make meringues
- 100 grams of sugar
- 25 grams of flour type 00
- Untreated lemon zest
- Flavor of cinnamon or vanilla (optional)
How to make custard, the preparation
- Take the milk and put it to heat with the addition of a lemon peel and, if you prefer, the chosen aroma
- When the milk is about to boil, turn it off and let it cool
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks together with the sugar and flour
- As soon as you see that the milk has cooled a little, add the mixture of eggs, flour and sugar and turn the heat back on over low heat
- Mix everything with a wooden spoon until the cream has thickened completely
- Here is your custard ready to fill your cake or to serve as a dessert after a meal.
Do we want to start with a cake to fill? In this article you will find the recipe for the fruit tart "How to make a fruit tart"
How to make chocolate custard
Now let's see how to make the custard in the chocolate variant; widely used to fill cakes and cream puffs.
Here are the ingredients you need
- 5 grams of bitter cocoa
- 100 grams of dark chocolate
- 40 grams of rice starch (alternatively type 00 white flour is fine)
- 500 ml of semi-skimmed milk
- 4 yolks
- 1 vial of vanilla flavoring
- 90 grams of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
The procedure is the same as the classic version of the custard, which we have just illustrated.